Parent Teacher Group
Gossler Park School P.T.G.
Welcome to the Gossler Park Elementary Parent Teacher Group (PTG). All parents, teachers, and guardians of enrolled students at Gossler are automatically members of the PTG. Now that the hard part about joining is done, I would like to personally invite you to become involved in YOUR PTG. This group would not function if not for the involvement of yourself and the school staff. Involvement could be as little as helping out at the ice cream social once a year or becoming involved with the planning and coordinating of all the different events throughout the year. The choice is yours.
You may not realize how vital the PTG is for the school. Your PTG raises funds to provide gym and playground equipment, classroom supplies, library books, teacher incentives and many other needed items to help with your child’s learning and developmental needs. The PTG also funds most of the social events throughout the year for the students and their families. There are many "behind the scene" activities PTG volunteers help with, such as photocopying, sorting and other miscellaneous jobs. PTG volunteers also organize and run the popcorn and bake sales throughout school year.
If you are interested in learning more or becoming involved, please contact the school at 624-6327.
Our P.T.G. is looking for parent volunteers to help with various school activities. It would only be a few hours a month of your time and children and the staff would be very appreciative. We're also looking for some parents to serve on the P.T.G. Board. We meet once a month to discuss various issues and plan events and we encourage all parents to try to attend. We can always use new ideas. This is all done to help our children in this school. Anyone interested in volunteering some of their time on a weekly or "when ever" possible basis, please contact the P.T.G. with your availability. Give your name and telephone number to one of the P.T.G. Board Members or Ms. Upham. Any help would be greatly appreciated by the P.T.G. members, teachers and the students of Gossler Park School.
Some Other Areas We Help To Support Our School Are:
- supplement library expenses with purchase of new books and iBook carts for student use
- provide 5th grade class tee-shirts
- If you are interested in learning more or becoming involved:
- Phone: 624-6327
- Email : GosslerParkPTG@gmail.com
- Areas To Help Support Our School Are:
- Popcorn Fridays 8-10am (weekly)
- Spirit Shop Wednesdays 8-10am (weekly)
- Birthday Books 1st Wednesday of the month 8-9am
- Harvest Crafts and Movie Night Tuesday, October 28th 6pm (snow date 10/29)
- Holiday Raffle Wednesday, December 17th 6pm
- PTG Meeting Dates:
- **Please NOTE: City Year provides childcare in the gym for the hour-long meeting**